I am using ApacheFriends XAMPP (Basispaket) version 1.7.1 to run Apache and MySQL for a local Joomla install.
XAMPP has been working great until two days ago, when Apache just began failing to start. Here is the situation:
1) Open up XAMPP control panel
2) Click "Start" next to Apache component
3) This message is echoed:
"Apache started [Port 80]
4) However, there is no green "Running" message next to apache
5) Clicking on Status shows that "httpd State 0"
6) Running PortChecker shows all apache ports as "Free"
7) Running apache_start.bat displayes the following error message:
"Diese Eingabeforderung nicht waehrend des Running beenden
Bitte erst bei einem gewollten Shutdown schliessen
Please close this command only for Shutdown
Apache 2 is starting ...
httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 100 of C:/xamppserver/apache/conf/httpd.conf: Ca
nnot load C:/xamppserver/apache/modules/mod_ext_filter.so into server: %1 is not
a valid Win32 application.
Apache konnte nicht gestartet werden
Apache could not be started
Press any key to continue . . ."
I am reaching out to the experienced specialists in this forum for any guidance on how to resolve this issue.
Many thanks in advance.