Database issues.

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Database issues.

Postby KDawg08 » 16. January 2010 06:30

I made a database and imported my files and database from my real SERVER website to my xampp and phpmyadmin etc.

I made the proper changes to config.php (my websites config file for database information)

When i go to login to my script on localhost it logs in properly, but when i get into the site(localhost) after logging in, i get an error that says "No database selected".

Why does it say this? I made sure my config.php was setup properly and i don't have this problem on my website that is on a REAL server.
KDawg08

Re: Database issues.

Postby UnderDog » 16. January 2010 10:11

Go to your phpMyAdmin and make sure your DataBase is there :-)

Next : Your script says : no database selected. It's probably outputting a mysql_error() directly without extra text.
Which script is it? PHPBB? Something else?
UnderDog

Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit

Postby KDawg08 » 16. January 2010 11:24

database is in phpmyadmin i just checked

and the error is only that... it's a game script (Open source)

There is no error other than that showing in the news.php file (Doesn't say error line or anything else) just says "No database selected)

tried it with a few scripts, it does this with all of them.
KDawg08

Postby KDawg08 » 16. January 2010 21:05

having the same issue with php bb3 and smf.
KDawg08

Postby KDawg08 » 17. January 2010 10:37

seems nobody has an y ideas what to do here?
KDawg08

Postby Nobbie » 17. January 2010 12:23

All of these scripts (phpbb3, smf etc.) are coming with a sophisticated installation procedure. Did you run that for these scripts, or did you simply copy the files from one location to another?

The error message "No database selected" does not mean, that there is no database, but it means, that the script is not installed correctly and there is no database specified in any configuration script. This typically happens if you omit the installation procedure.
Nobbie

Postby KDawg08 » 18. January 2010 11:11

Nobbie wrote:All of these scripts (phpbb3, smf etc.) are coming with a sophisticated installation procedure. Did you run that for these scripts, or did you simply copy the files from one location to another?

The error message "No database selected" does not mean, that there is no database, but it means, that the script is not installed correctly and there is no database specified in any configuration script. This typically happens if you omit the installation procedure.

Ever heard of MCCodes?

It's for that script (Game script)

I bought it a few years back and i'm recoding it again but wanted to do it OFFLINE instead of in some subdomain online because it's faster and easier.

It's a VERY SIMPLE setup..

Installation instructions are as follows:
1. Copy files to game directory of choice.
2. Edit config.php to match your database info.
3. Add Crons from cron.txt into your crons system. (not needed for testing purposes)(Plus can't run crons on a windows pc can u?)
4. Test and modify your site, Congratulations you've created your MCCodes V1 game.
KDawg08

Postby UnderDog » 23. January 2010 07:41

KDawg08 wrote:it's a game script (Open source)

[offtopic]Which script. I'm verrry interested in that :D[/offtopic]
UnderDog

Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit

Return to XAMPP for Windows