I cannot get XAMPP to run on Windows 7

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

I cannot get XAMPP to run on Windows 7

Postby rupert207 » 07. January 2010 15:40

I have downloaded the latest version 1.7.3 (selfextracting) and I've tried to install the software. On the XAMPP control panel MySql & my FTP client run but not Apache? Naturally when I go to: http://localhost/ its shows that XAMPP isn't installed correctly.

Having looked on the web this appears to be a common problem but as yet I cannot find a solution that seems to work some suggest using XAMPP 1.7.2?

Thanks for your help.

PS. I have full admin rights to this computer.
rupert207

Re: I cannot get XAMPP to run on Windows 7

Postby Wiedmann » 07. January 2010 16:02

On the XAMPP control panel ... run but not Apache?

Why not? --> error.log
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby rupert207 » 07. January 2010 16:41

I have absolutely no idea, I was hoping that somebody here would be able to help me. In the the top of the control panel is says ' XAMPP control panel application (not responding).'
This will be the 5th attempt to get XAMPP working - I have downloaded and installed the software 4 times already.

Thanks for your reply.
rupert207

Postby UnderDog » 16. January 2010 10:07

First of all : I had basically the same problem. Only on my PC it briefly said : "not responding" and then the service started.
On my PC the problem was something with the document root.

So I googled a lot and one thing I found was to go to the error log of apache. In there, there's some information on why something isn't working properly.
I went to /xampp/apache/logs/error.log

So now, if you do the same, paste the last bit of your error log in "code tags". First press on "Code" button at the top of this editor
and then paste the last bit of your error log.
UnderDog

Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit

Return to XAMPP for Windows