xampp installation

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

xampp installation

Postby normanb » 03. January 2010 13:12

I have just installed Joomla 1.5.15 using xampp-win32-1.7.3 and get this message on my website Home Page
I thought these 2 programmes were now compatible, or do I have to find an earlier version of xampp.

Warning: strtotime() [function.strtotime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for '0.0/no DST' instead in C:\xampp\htdocs\myinfweb\libraries\joomla\utilities\date.php on line 56

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for '0.0/no DST' instead in C:\xampp\htdocs\myinfweb\libraries\joomla\utilities\date.php on line 198
Thanks for any assistance you can give
normanb
normanb

Re: xampp installation

Postby Wiedmann » 03. January 2010 13:49

I have just installed Joomla 1.5.15 using xampp-win32-1.7.3

How have you installed "xampp-win32-1.7.3"?
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby normanb » 03. January 2010 14:13

I installed xampp in the root directory of my hard drive and installed Joomla in the htdocs file
normanb

Postby Wiedmann » 03. January 2010 14:44

I installed xampp

How? (Which actions did you carry out after each other?)
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby normanb » 03. January 2010 17:13

I installed xampp first then created a local host on my PC, then using phpmyadmin created a database file.
I then installed Joomla in the htdocs files in xampp.
I then started up my website using the file in my htdocs installation, the admin page in joomla opened. Up to this point all seemed OK.
I added my user name and password the site opened OK (i had indicated in my set-up to insert sample data) but the messages itemised in my original letter appeared in all the paragraphs
Thanks for your assistance
normanb

Postby InsayneWrapper » 05. January 2010 06:44

Open up php.ini in your xampp\php folder, search for date.timezone and replace it's value with something from http://us.php.net/manual/en/timezones.php
InsayneWrapper

Return to XAMPP for Windows