Problems Displaying Images on XAMPP Ver 1.7.0

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Problems Displaying Images on XAMPP Ver 1.7.0

Postby rbkinsey » 28. December 2009 06:08

Have problems seeing any images while testing my web development on localhost. It was working fine for some time. The live site (with identical code) works fine. However, I've been noticing that sometimes the text would not appear (I would have to highlight it to see it), then sometimes the url path used to call the next program would be missing a folder and not work, and finally now it's not display any images at all. This is working fine on hostgator in the live environment. It's only happened recently and I can 't think of any changes to the environment other than the problem.

Anyone with suggestions or similar experience? Can I shut off and turn back on XAMPP to try and clear it? How can I do that?
rbkinsey

Re: Problems Displaying Images on XAMPP Ver 1.7.0

Postby Izzy » 28. December 2009 06:24

Izzy

Postby rbkinsey » 28. December 2009 15:48

I was using firefox and so I tried in IE and it was working. So I went to Firefox Internet Tools/Options/Content and found there was an option to load images or not and when I went into the exceptions button I found my localhost as well as another client I haven't worked for in a while had their urlisted as those web urls not to display images for. When I removed them from the exception area, the images are appearing again.

I don't like using IE, Firefox seems to get bogged down less frequently, however, I still have problems with the jquery lightbox part of the local website. It will not start the iframed lightbox correctly, I have to open up another gallery before it works correctly. I'm sure it's the environment on that one.

Thanks for you reply.
rbkinsey

Postby ragortue » 20. September 2015 17:18

I think the latest version for Firefox fixed this issue already. I've seen this one myself.
Centos 5.6 Image
ragortue

Operating System: Centos 5.6

Return to XAMPP for Windows