real problems with installation and cannot uninstall

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

real problems with installation and cannot uninstall

Postby garcam03 » 20. December 2009 14:18

installed xampp for windowx(use XP)

1) it would not recogniize localhost
2) control pannel said apache was not running, but it was and I cannot turn it off
3) filezilla is doing the same thing cannot turn it off

Tried to uninstall so I could reinstall== cannot do that bcause the programs are running
went into comd and still could not get them to stop.

I cannot get it to work and I cannot get to uninstall does any one have any suggestions.
garcam03

Re: real problems with installation and cannot uninstall

Postby Izzy » 21. December 2009 00:33

First click on all the Stop buttons then remove the ticks in all the Svc boxes in your XAMPP Control Panel - you can also stop the components by using the bat files in the xampp folder if the XCP Stop button fails.

Close the XAMPP Control Panel.

If removing the ticks in the XCP fails then run the uninstallservice bat file in the respective XAMPP component folder - \xampp\apache and xampp\mysql and \xampp\FileZillaFTP folders.

Then reboot when you are sure that there are no XAMPP components running - check by right clicking on the Task Bar then selecting Task Manager>Processes tab, then look for any httpd.exe files and mysqld.exe file and filezilla.exe files, select any you find then click on the End Process button.

Now reboot and check once again using the Task Manager that no XAMPP components are running.

This should help with uninstalling XAMPP.
Izzy

Re: real problems with installation and cannot uninstall

Postby garcam03 » 21. December 2009 12:29

Thank you for your quick reply, it worked - wans't smooth but it got me in the right direction. I'm going to try to reinstall it later this afternoon. The only known problem i have is that i have skype, which I read about in the forum.
Thank you for everything
garcam03

Return to XAMPP for Windows