Warning (2): strtotime() [function.strtotime]:

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Warning (2): strtotime() [function.strtotime]:

Postby superman5679 » 15. December 2009 16:11

Warning (2): strtotime() [function.strtotime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Asia/Calcutta' for '5.5/no DST' instead [CORE\cake\libs\cache.php, line 429]

This is the error i get when i try to set up my cakephp on XAMPP Windows XP. I have tried setting the date.timezone to asia/calcutta in php.ini. that is the correct time zone.

still does not work.

PLease help.
superman5679

Re: Warning (2): strtotime() [function.strtotime]:

Postby Wiedmann » 15. December 2009 16:14

How (exaclty) hat you installed (which) XAMPP?
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby superman5679 » 15. December 2009 16:24

XAMPP (Basis Package) version 1.7.2

Downloaded the exe file from http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html.. and tried to install it... it extracted all the files to a folder in C: drive and it had a message windows cannot open this file setup_xampp.bat what do you want to do?? so i went ahead and cancelled it and went ahead and clicked on the xampp_start and it start both the apache server and mysql i opened it on browser and it worked fine and then i downloaded the latest stable version of cakephp and extracted it and put it in htdocs folder of xampp and i tried opening the cakephp it opened fine.

but i am getting the warning

It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Asia/Calcutta' for '5.5/no DST' instead [CORE\cake\libs\cache.php, line 429]

i tried to edit the php.ini file and set date.timezone to "Asia/Calcutta" it wont work??

new to xampp and cakephp.... am stuck!
superman5679

Postby Wiedmann » 15. December 2009 19:00

it extracted all the files to a folder in C: drive and it had a message windows cannot open this file setup_xampp.bat what do you want to do??

What happens if you double-click on the file "setup_xampp.bat"?
(first revert all your own changes to the config files)
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Return to XAMPP for Windows