Thank you very much. You made my day. I am so relieved I managed to get this work.
I hope this doesn't cause a security issue on my computer. I don't want others to access my files.
To other beginners: (extra explanation for dummies like me)Step one
Like Izzy says you put the above code after the Webalizer entry. This means :
1. Find this file inside your xampp folder: \xampp\apache\conf\extra\httpd-xampp.conf
2. open it with notepad and scroll down
3. You will see the webalizer entry like this:
- Code: Select all
Alias /webalizer "D:/xampplite/webalizer/"
4. Under it add the code above.Step two
Put any index.php file with something in it to the my webs folder and try to access it from your browser like Izzy said here:
http://localhost/mywebs should load an index file if located in the D:\Docs\My Webs\ folder.
If that works now you can set dreamweaver to use the correct paths.
1. In dreamweaver 8, I go to (from top menu) site/manage sites and then chose the site name and click edit.
2. On the window that appears switch to advanced tab and on left menu choose "test server".
3. Change server mode to "php mysql", access to "local network"
Then change "testing server folder" to D:\Docs\My Webs\sitenamewhatever\
and change url prefix to http://localhost/mywebs/sitenamewhatever/
Now in dreamweaver you can press F12 and it will open the PHP file locally in your browser.
Thank you very much again. I am very glad I came to this forum. I just opened an account to start this thread and I'm very impressed how helpfull people here are.