Problems opening files .. symbolic links

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Problems opening files .. symbolic links

Postby rbh » 07. December 2009 21:18

Have trouble with symbolic links in 1.7.2. In order to have same envoirment as a fellow developer and keep setup from a default xampp install i used symbolic links to achive simular setups

My setup was to have cgi-bin and htdocs under c:\xampp as default install creates. (My firends setup was having cgi-bin and htdocs as c:\local\cgi-bin and c:\local\www

Before I had create symblic link created like this
Code: Select all
C:\Local>mklink /d c:\Local\cgi-bin C:\xampp\cgi-bin
symbolic link created for c:\Local\cgi-bin <<===>> C:\xampp\cgi-bin

C:\Local>mklink /d c:\Local\www C:\xampp\htdocs
symbolic link created for c:\Local\www <<===>> C:\xampp\htdocs

and include files we used c:\local\... after I upgraded from 1.7.1 to 1.7.2 I couldn't access files on c:\local.*
Changing httpd.conf to use c:\localcgi-bin and c:\local\www and creating symbolic links "other way" I get my site to work, but now I get errors accessing localhost\xampp

Code: Select all
mklink /d htdocs C:\Local\www
mklink /d cgi-bin C:\Local\cgi-bin

The errors I get on http://localhost/xampp/lang.php?no is

Warning: file_put_contents(../../install/xampp_language.txt) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Local\www\xampp\lang.php on line 2

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Local\www\xampp\lang.php:2) in C:\Local\www\xampp\lang.php on line 10

NB File C:\Local\www\xampp\lang.php exists

Does anyone know if this is due to lack of correct settings, or is a result of behavoiral chnges in php or apache?
rbh

Re: Problems opening files .. symbolic links

Postby Wiedmann » 07. December 2009 22:41

Does anyone know if this is due to lack of correct settings, or is a result of behavoiral chnges in php or apache?

It's a Bug in PHP. (can't load scripts in symlinked directories)
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Return to XAMPP for Windows