help to run multiple sites in htdocs

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

help to run multiple sites in htdocs

Postby mercury » 31. October 2009 13:14

Hi. Newbie here. I am running a joomla site in xampp, abc, that displays well.I have add another jooma site, xyz, in its own folder in htdocs but cannot get it to display. I get this error:

Warning: require_once(/home/viasi3/public_html/includes/version.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Users\Rich\Desktop\xampp\htdocs\Joomla101\includes\joomla.php on line 71

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/viasi3/public_html/includes/version.php' (include_path='.;C:\Users\Rich\Desktop\xampp\php\pear\') in C:\Users\Rich\Desktop\xampp\htdocs\Joomla101\includes\joomla.php on line 71

I have included the joomla installation folder just to make sure xyz installs but it doesnt. Am not a coder. Am just trying to learn to make a site and i am unsure how to go abut this problem. I would like to make the xyz site resolve properly.

Hope you can help me out. Thanks
mercury

Re: help to run multiple sites in htdocs

Postby Izzy » 01. November 2009 01:59

Just to clarify, what version of XAMPP and which Windows OS?

You installed Joomla to 2 separate folders in the htdocs folder?

You call them in your browser using the correct folder in the address for example:
http://localhost/Joomlaabc
http://localhost/Joomlaxyz

Why is the xyz Joomla not installing as that is the reason for the Warning message below - crystal balls are out of season. ;)

This is not a path you have in XAMPP for Windows, more a path for your hosting service's Linux server:
Warning: require_once(/home/viasi3/public_html/includes/version.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Users\Rich\Desktop\xampp\htdocs\Joomla101\includes\joomla.php on line 71

So my conclusion is that the xyz instance of Joomla is not installing correctly and as such perhaps the Joomla support forums would be a better source for help on this.

Can you even install 2 instances of Joomla on a single server and how do you do this?
perhaps would be a good question to ask Joomla support if, after searching their forums, you come up with no results.

Good luck.
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows