MySQL database now showing as DEACTIVATED

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

MySQL database now showing as DEACTIVATED

Postby chorridge » 22. October 2009 16:03

Hi,

Installed xampp on Vista and all seemed well. Established connection to localhost using IE8 and upon checking status, all expected components were active. However, after changing usernames and passwords using the security link, which seemed to go well, I noticed that after checking status again MySQL database is now showing as DEACTIVATED. I have checked xampp control panel application and MySQL is showing as running and module box is checked.

Should I be opening my eyes even against or can someone please guide me to where the information is to sort this problem.

Regards,

Chuck
chorridge

Re: MySQL database now showing as DEACTIVATED

Postby Izzy » 22. October 2009 22:44

Izzy

Postby miguelopez » 25. October 2009 19:26

I did have this problem but I'm using Windows XP SP 3, I think that it must be fixed promptly.

Thanks.
miguelopez

Postby chorridge » 26. October 2009 16:37

Izzy, many thanks for the link. Interesting that this problem has been a long standing issue.

Prior to reading your post, I uninstalled xampp and started again. However, this time, when adding a MySQL Root password, I selected NO to the option of "Set a random password for the phpMyAdmin user 'pma':" and all seems ok, No "Deactivated" showing as before.

Regards,

Chuck
chorridge

Return to XAMPP for Windows