PHP Error Messages

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

PHP Error Messages

Postby gedalya » 21. October 2009 20:11

I have just recently installed the most recent version of XAMPP on my machine and it installed fine. One of my PHP applications when attempting to run however keeps showing Deprecated and Warning error messages; I suppose what is confusing is that this application had run fine on another XAMPP install. This is how error_messages is set in PHP.ini: error_messages = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

Even set as E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED there are still Deprecated error messages, the only difference is that there are fewer than before. Does anyone have any thoughts?
gedalya

Re: PHP Error Messages

Postby Izzy » 22. October 2009 05:14

gedalya wrote:This is how error_messages is set in PHP.ini: error_messages = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
What version of XAMPP are you using and where did you find this PHP.ini file?

gedalya wrote:Even set as E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED there are still Deprecated error messages, the only difference is that there are fewer than before. Does anyone have any thoughts?
Try this: viewtopic.php?p=149171#p149171
Izzy

Postby gedalya » 22. October 2009 15:56

This is version 1.7.2 and I found php.ini in the PHP folder (C:\xampp\php\php.ini). I believe I had read in another post on this site that there where issues for PHP in version 1.7.2; is this correct? display_errors is set with the default setting of on consistent with prior versions I have used.
gedalya

Postby gedalya » 22. October 2009 17:18

I have changed display_errors to off; this has solved the problem. Given the nature of what display_errors does, how it has worked in previous versions, and that I am using the setting in a development environment, I am concerned about the impact this will have on debugging. Anyone have any thoughts?
gedalya

Return to XAMPP for Windows