how do I download to Vista 64 machine?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

how do I download to Vista 64 machine?

Postby idiotsavant2009 » 20. October 2009 01:51

Could someone please tell me how to get xampp to download open up and allow me to use Joomla on an Vista 64 machine please. The joomla instructions and screenshot for installing it are for a win 32 and I do not know what to do when presented with the black screen white writing setup. Did I download the wrong version I only want the basic so tried the exe of the one called Xampp under the windows list?
cheers
idiotsavant2009

Re: how do I download to Vista 64 machine?

Postby Izzy » 20. October 2009 02:27

idiotsavant2009 wrote:Could someone please tell me how to get xampp to download open up and allow me to use Joomla on an Vista 64 machine please. The joomla instructions and screenshot for installing it are for a win 32 and I do not know what to do when presented with the black screen white writing setup. Did I download the wrong version I only want the basic so tried the exe of the one called Xampp under the windows list?
cheers
Did you go to the XAMPP for Windows home page and check out the installation instructions and the place to download XAMPP from that also has a README file located there?
http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html
http://www.apachefriends.org/en/faq-xampp-windows.html

XAMPP issues here on these forums but Joomla related issues should be addressed at the Joomla forums.
Izzy

Re: how do I download to Vista 64 machine?

Postby Etdashou » 26. October 2009 20:27

I think he means that the current version of XAMPP 1.7.2 is not "-installer.exe" but "exe". This mean that after the extraction is complete, their is a DOS prompt. There you have multiple choices that may not be obvious for everyone.
Etdashou

Return to XAMPP for Windows