UNINSTALLING XAMPP LITE

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

UNINSTALLING XAMPP LITE

Postby LIC » 08. October 2009 16:06

I tried installing xampp lite and the installation didn't work properly. Apparently there was a missing file or folder. I downloaded it from this website so I'm not sure what the problem could have been. Regardless, I would now like to remove the contents of xampp lite from my system but when I try running the uninstall script it tells me this:

"Input Error: Can not find script file "C:\xampplite\uninst.temp\xampp_uninstall.vbs".
XAMPP uninstall not OK"

Is there anything i can do to get rid of this stuff, or am I just supposed to delete the xampp folder from my C:?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks
LIC

Re: UNINSTALLING XAMPP LITE

Postby Izzy » 08. October 2009 21:06

First make sure that all the XAMPP components like Apache and MySQL etc. are stopped by using the XAMPP Control Panel - xampp-control.exe in the xampp folder - remove any ticks in the Svc boxes after clicking on the Stop buttons.

Then simply delete the xampp folder.
Izzy

Postby LIC » 09. October 2009 03:00

Thanks for the help
LIC

Postby Izzy » 09. October 2009 04:36

You're welcome and did you manage to do what you wanted?

BTW if you are having problems installing XAMPP please feel free to open a new topic and we will try and help you sort out the issues, also the Advanced forum search facility is very good with most general issues already sorted out.

Good luck.
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows