Error: 403 When using REQUEST_URI

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Error: 403 When using REQUEST_URI

Postby Rexibit » 06. October 2009 15:53

I installed XAMPP v1.7.2 on Windows Vista. The database and everything works great until I need to go into the content management system I am building. I have used WAMPServer and USB Webserver and they both work fine. I want to use some PDO with PHP, so I installed XAMPP to work off my USB device.

When I am on the login form for my CMS, it uses REQUEST_URI to submit and check itself in the same PHP file. This throws up this message:

Address Bar URL: http://localhost/folder-name/<? echo $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']; ?>
Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 403
localhost
10/6/2009 10:26:30 AM
Apache/2.2.12 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.12 OpenSSL/0.9.8k mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.3.0 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.0

I have looked through a couple of websites on this issue and the other thread in this forum (though that is more of an Apache is not running period situation) and the MOD_REWRITE module is enabled, and I have restarted Apache several times.

What should I do to resolve this?
Rexibit

Re: Error: 403 When using REQUEST_URI

Postby Wiedmann » 06. October 2009 16:07

Address Bar URL: http://localhost/folder-name/<? echo $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']; ?>

Code: Select all
<?php
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Re: Error: 403 When using REQUEST_URI

Postby Rexibit » 06. October 2009 16:18

Thank you for pointing that out Wiedmann. I have been using that login script for a long time and none of the web servers I have used caught that improper PHP tag for the form action.

What Apache setting controls the use of
<?php ?>
and
<? ?>
for opening and closing tags?
Rexibit

Return to XAMPP for Windows