Email on Windows localhost with Outlook?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Email on Windows localhost with Outlook?

Postby PTO » 22. September 2009 15:23

I'm a complete newbie and would really appreciate some advice on this please. I have searched the forum but couldn't find the info I need.

I have XAMPP 1.7.1 running on a localhost on a Windows PC at my place of work. I'm using it to develop a Joomla web site, and the root directory is shared across our LAN so my colleagues can evaluate the web site.

Before moving the web site to a live server, I want to try out various email functions (e.g. contact forms) but I don't know how to set this up. My company uses Microsoft Exchange Server and our mail client is Outlook.

Can anyone explain how to set XAMPP up so that my colleagues can send me emails via the web site please?

Mike
PTO

Re: Email on Windows localhost with Outlook?

Postby zlatan24 » 20. October 2009 20:51

For work with outlook files I often used other programs.But my lately I found-can t open outlook.pst,this tool helped me very quickly and for free.Moreover application showed how open files with PST and OST extension and repair all files from that archives.
zlatan24

Return to XAMPP for Windows