Problem displaying images using wordpress

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Problem displaying images using wordpress

Postby gerrypeters » 13. September 2009 09:23

Hi, I cannot get images to display in my wordpress posts on my local server. I am using a theme that makes use of thumb.php and I did find this:
"We have included TimThumb (thumb.php) in all our themes, which is an open source image resizer. In our support forums, we often find that many problems relate to thumb.php.
If you are on HostGator
If you are on HostGator, all you have to do is contact them by going to: http://www.hostgator.com/
Click where it says: ‘Click here. Live Chat’ on the upper-right corner of the web-page and tell the followings:
add following rules [ 1234234,340151 ] to mod_security for http://www.yourwebsite.com
Please whitelist for the domain
That is all you have to do. Wait a couple of minutes and you’ll probably see the images on the front page of your web-site."
This worked for hostgator but, despite many hours of searching I can't see how to implement it on my development XAMPP local server. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to add the rules and whitelist the domain on a local host?
gerrypeters

Re: Problem displaying images using wordpress

Postby ragortue » 04. October 2015 15:32

Hi Gerry, sorry to bump this up but were you able to find the solution to this? I was wondering if this was also on a shared server with HG.
Centos 5.6 Image
ragortue

Operating System: Centos 5.6

Re: Problem displaying images using wordpress

Postby Nobbie » 04. October 2015 16:53

ragortue wrote:Hi Gerry, sorry to bump this up but were you able to find the solution to this? I was wondering if this was also on a shared server with HG.

Gerrys one (and only one) question is already 6 years old....
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows