XAMPP 1.7.2 and file manager module

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP 1.7.2 and file manager module

Postby aueua » 12. September 2009 20:22

I was successfully using Relay File Manager 1.0b module ( http://www.ecosmear.com/relay/ ) with XAMPP 1.7.1 (and Perl module add on) on Windows XP and today I decided to do a fresh install of XAMPP 1.7.2.
Installation was successfull and also Relay's installation (following the provided script) went perfectly.

Here is the problem: when I load Relay's login page and provide admin's username, password and clic on the "Login" button NOTHING happens!
It's just like the button is "dead".

Looks like PHP and/or MySQL are not working properly, though the rest of my web site (which is also using PHP) is up and running.

The suspect is that some parameters in apache.conf, php.ini and/or MySQL (or maybe anywhere else) were changed in XAMPP 1.7.2, preventing this simple PHP/Ajax module from functioning.

I'm really at lost!

Thanks a lot in advance for any help/tip!

Cheers!!
Aueua
aueua

Re: XAMPP 1.7.2 and file manager module

Postby Izzy » 13. September 2009 01:07

Looks like your script is not yet compatible with the latest PHP version included in XAMPP.

Re-check your scripts configurations especially that path locations are correct for you new XAMPP installation.

As you say the rest of your php site is functioning as it should so the obvious defaulter is your script.

Best visit the scripts author and see if and when they will upgrade their script to be compatible with the latest PHP version 5.3.0 and MySQL 5.1.36 or you could always revert back to 1.7.1 that has a PHP and MySQL version that works with your script.
Izzy

Postby aueua » 13. September 2009 09:13

Thanks a lot for your answer Izzy!
I checked the various php documents within the script's folder and the only "global paths" I've seen turn out to be correct.

Anyway, you're probably right: a compatibility issue with the newer Apache, PHP and MySQL is causing the issue.
The "Relay" project was last updated in July 2006, so I guess the developer is no more supporting this script.
I will miss it, since it's a really cute and simple file manager to share documents with friends.

Now looking for an alternative...

Thanks a again and all the best!
Aueua
Last edited by aueua on 13. September 2009 15:57, edited 1 time in total.
aueua

Postby aueua » 13. September 2009 15:56

OK, I made some more testing and couldn't find the reason for this malfunction.
Also looked for alternative scripts, but found nothing that would fit my needs.

So, I ended up with a fresh reinstall of XAMPP 1.7.1 and its Perl AddOn and now everything's working perfectly again.

Izzy you were definitely right: probably the Relay module is not compatible with PHP 5.3 or the MySQL version installed by XAMPP 1.7.2.

Cheers everyone!
Aueua
aueua

Return to XAMPP for Windows