How I can use send mail function in Xampp server

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

How I can use send mail function in Xampp server

Postby safee » 21. August 2009 07:59

Hi,
I am using Xampp for windows. I have already installed it. I have made a HTML/php registration form for my project, which needs a confirmation email to get the user account active. For this I need to send an email in the users account. And my dummy account should be admin@localhost. I need to send an emil to this using my Xampp server. And I also need to check the email from an account. But I don't know how.
I would be very much happy if someone give me some suggestion or direction to go to my way...
I am looking forward to the replay...
safee

Re: How I can use send mail function in Xampp server

Postby aj123cd » 21. August 2009 08:19

Sending e-mail from localhost in PHP in Windows Environment

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=36585#p146896

i am hoping it will help 2u, thanks
aj123cd

Re: How I can use send mail function in Xampp server

Postby safee » 21. August 2009 13:56

Hi
Thanks for your quick replay. Its a little bit different what I am looking for... Its sends email via internet. I have a server in my laptop. And while debugging my project I need to confirm that whether the email send function executes or not. I just want to test that whether the mail sends or not. And I don't need to send it to other domain. I've previously used Apatche2traid which is also a php,mysql server. It has an email server or option naming 'ubmaiu' or something like that. if u run a php code like
Code: Select all
send_mail_function('admin@localhost,.....')

then it can be checked out from the 'ubmaiu' mail checker. I need some thing like this in Xampp. I would be very much pleased if u give me some suggestion about this. I am looking forward to your email... :wink:
safee

Return to XAMPP for Windows