I'm trying to make a site that is able to use an ssl connection. At this point I can only use the default certificate that came preinstalled with apache. But I just tried using open ssl to make a new certificate and use it on my server. I managed to make the certificate but apache won't start now. This is what I did exactly:
1. I made a new folder called "ssl".
2. I used this command in the windows command prompt to make "server.key"
openssl genrsa -aes256 -out server.key 1024
3. I used this command in the windows command prompt to make "server.csr"
openssl req -new -key server.key -out server.csr
4. Using this command I signed the certificate to make "server.crt"
openssl x509 -req -days 365 -in server.csr -signkey server.key -out server.crt
5. Finally I moved the above 3 files , and replaced the original "server.key", "server.csr" and "server.crt" files found in their respective folders under \xampp\apache\conf
After I did that, I restarted apache by using the XAMPP control panel but it won't start!
Could someone please help me out. This is driving me insane.