no uninstall.exe file

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

no uninstall.exe file

Postby gregt » 02. August 2009 05:55

I just installed the new xampp-win32-1.7.2-beta2.exe (the installer version). It seems to work fine, but I'd prefer to install using zip files. Before I install the zip version, I'd like to clean out the old version. On http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html#524 it states that there should be an uninstall.exe file located in the \xampp\ folder, but none exists for me. I've also done a search from this location for the file with no success.

If someone could let me know me how I can get this file, or lead me through the process of uninstalling all the individual components from the registry, etc., I'd appreciate it.

System: Vista Home Premium

Thanks
Greg
gregt

Re: no uninstall.exe file

Postby aj123cd » 02. August 2009 06:29

Open the XAMP folder
Top right hand side there is a search box, type uninstall
You will get 1 file or 2 files call MySQL and apache uninstall
aj123cd

Postby gregt » 02. August 2009 06:54

This will uninstall the services, but will it uninstall all of XAMPP from the registry?

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html#524:

Method A: The Installer version
If you installed with the Installer version, please use the Uninstaller! The Uninstaller will delete all XAMPP entries from your registry and it will uninstall some installed services included with XAMPP. We highly recommend that you use the Uninstall program for removing XAMPP installations from the Installer version.

- at which point they include an image of the xampp folder highlighting the uninstall.exe file.
gregt

Postby aj123cd » 02. August 2009 07:15

It should clean your registry , try it and check your registry also after uninstall.
please let me know.
aj123cd

Postby gregt » 02. August 2009 07:34

All it did was remove the services... nothing else. I was able to reinstall mysql and apache as services afterward by using the corresponding install batch files.
gregt

Postby Wiedmann » 02. August 2009 11:05

I just installed the new xampp-win32-1.7.2-beta2.exe (the installer version).

It's not really an installer. It's a selfextracting RAR archive (SFX) which just start the "setup_xampp.bat" after extraction itself.

, but I'd prefer to install using zip files.

You can extract this archive with every software which can handle RAR archives, like unrar, winzip, 7zip.

or lead me through the process of uninstalling all the individual components from the registry, etc.

- stop the servers
- uncheck any "Svc" in CP, if any is checked (= removing the services, can also be done with the batchfiles)
- close the Control Panel
- delete the XAMPP folder
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby gregt » 02. August 2009 17:51

Thank you, that worked.
gregt

Return to XAMPP for Windows