Sharing hard disk

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Sharing hard disk

Postby dennisl » 29. July 2009 07:28

Hi,

Greetings,

I have installed xampp into my computer and everything works perfectly. In addition, I have developed a few PHP scripts and get them located into xampp's htdoc folders. The scripts were tested without any problem.

Since the these scripts only work in a particular computer, I wish to share the hard disk, so that everyone in my network (without internet connection) can access to the program. So, I have actually shared the hard disk though configuring "shaing and security".

Now, the hard disk is shared and everyone can access to it, but with problem.

For example: I have a text field named "Country", which the user will need to fill out the field. However, it now appears as "Country: <?php !empty(country)........" when it first loaded the page.

I am not sure what actually is happening. In addition, I have tried to install xampp to each pc but it doesn't solve the problem as well.

Could anyone provide me some advice about what is the correct ways(step by step) to share the hard disk so that everyone in my network can access to it? This program is only for office use.

I am can't put it on web server due to the HTTP Authentication script is unable to work on CGI mode. So, if without HTTP Authentication, everyone could access to it.

Thanks for your time and valuable advice.

Best Regards,
Dennis
dennisl

Re: Sharing hard disk

Postby Wiedmann » 29. July 2009 07:44

Since the these scripts only work in a particular computer, I wish to share the hard disk, so that everyone in my network (without internet connection) can access to the program.

That's not working script languages like PHP. Because such scripts are executed on the webserver, not in the client web browser.

I have developed a few PHP scripts and get them located into xampp's htdoc folders. The scripts were tested without any problem.

Every people (computer) who want access these scripts too, must do this like you:
Accessing these scripts through your XAMPP with "http://your_computer_ip/scriptname.php".
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Return to XAMPP for Windows