XAMPP Lite

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP Lite

Postby Howard Kaikow » 08. July 2009 14:25

Is there an installer file for XAMPP Lite?
I found only a .zip.

If only a .zip, are the instructions for installing from the .zip the same as for full XAMPP?
Howard Kaikow

Re: XAMPP Lite

Postby glitzi85 » 09. July 2009 13:10

Howard Kaikow wrote:Is there an installer file for XAMPP Lite?

No.

Howard Kaikow wrote:If only a .zip, are the instructions for installing from the .zip the same as for full XAMPP?

Yes. Either unzip directly to a the root of the partition or run xampp_setup.bat afterwards.

glitzi
glitzi85

Postby Howard Kaikow » 10. July 2009 05:49

glitzi85 wrote:
Howard Kaikow wrote:Is there an installer file for XAMPP Lite?

No.

Howard Kaikow wrote:If only a .zip, are the instructions for installing from the .zip the same as for full XAMPP?

Yes. Either unzip directly to a the root of the partition or run xampp_setup.bat afterwards.

glitzi

Thanx.
Howard Kaikow

Postby locutor » 30. July 2009 20:24

I am having a similar problem installing XAMPP Lite for Windows (XP). File "readme_en" says to start file "setup_XAMPPlite.bat," but that file does not exist in the zip archive. I ran "setup_xampp.bat," and after that, ran the control panel. But the panel gives me an error message:

Install Directory:
*** WARNING: Directory mismatch ***

I do not know what the problem is or how to solve it. Any advice would be appreciated.
locutor

Postby locutor » 02. August 2009 05:28

Please disregard my post (above). I still get that Directory Mismatch message, but the test page opens OK in my browser, and all components appear to be running. So far, so good!
locutor

Return to XAMPP for Windows