Cannot access site from web

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Cannot access site from web

Postby leonkennedy » 28. June 2009 07:49

Hi, all! I'm having the following problem: when I start xampp and I run Apache and MySql I cannot access my site (the default index.html file in htddocs) from the web but there is no problems if I try to access it with my local IP. What must I do to make it work on the web as well? Thanks!
leonkennedy

Re: Cannot access site from web

Postby glitzi85 » 03. July 2009 19:36

leonkennedy wrote:but there is no problems if I try to access it with my local IP. What must I do to make it work on the web as well? Thanks!

You have a home network with a router? If yes, then go into your router menu and add a port forwarding of port 80 (TCP) to the local IP of your Server.

glitzi
glitzi85

Postby kfir » 10. July 2009 05:37

Hi, all! I'm having the following problem: when I start xampp and I run Apache and MySql I cannot access my site (the default index.html file in htddocs) from the web but there is no problems if I try to access it with my local IP. What must I do to make it work on the web as well? Thanks!

have the same problem.
sever is attached directly to internet via cable modem so no need for port forwarding.
checked with xampp port check and 80,8080 ports are open
firewall has exception allowing apache and open 80 , 8080 ports
anything else in the checklist ?
kfir

Postby kfir » 10. July 2009 06:22

sever is attached directly to internet via cable modem so no need for port forwarding.
checked with xampp port check and 80,8080 ports are open
firewall has exception allowing apache and open 80 , 8080 ports
anything else in the checklist ?

apache acess log says
xx.xx.xx.xx - [10/Jul/2009:08:10:26 +0300] "GET /index.php HTTP/1.1" 302 -
so remotely i managed to acess the page
but bottom line is browser didnt got the page
kfir

Return to XAMPP for Windows