First time using MAIL - unable tro translate or figure out

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

First time using MAIL - unable tro translate or figure out

Postby IamJim » 24. May 2009 15:43

XAMPP Status
This page offers you one page to view all information about what's running and working, and what isn't working.

Component
Status
Hint

MySQL database ACTIVATED

PHP ACTIVATED

HTTPS (SSL) ACTIVATED

Common Gateway Interface (CGI) ACTIVATED

Server Side Includes (SSI) ACTIVATED

SMTP Service ACTIVATED

FTP Service ACTIVATED

1) As per posting reg's, I did a search for my problem.

I have just started my mail server for the first time ever....

(added after all below) I did just notice something? I started Mercury manually, and it said "Running and GREEN"..

I do not use FileZilla (yet)...(And not running now) (Manually!!)

But?? Modules is showing NOT CHECKED in Services...for MERCURY, yet the other 3 are..

a: SMTP server response: 553 We do not relay non-local mail

2) It returned 44 results and only (2) of these contained "553"

3) BUT?? I think they are both in German... :-(

And I need a little translation help please?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18979&hilit=+SMTP+server+response+553+relay+non+local+mail

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19101&p=80464&hilit=+SMTP+server+response+553+relay+non+local+mail#p80464

********* Below is error reporting on output page:

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 553 We do not relay non-local mail, sorry. in C:\xampp\htdocs\master\registration\process.php on line 55

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\master\registration\process.php:55) in C:\xampp\htdocs\master\registration\process.php on line 61

THANK-YOU !!

Sharley?? I am the one that runs Win2K Server, and maybe I have to go back in with ADMIN privs again and do something, I did not allow during setup?

Jim
IamJim

Re: First time using MAIL - unable tro translate or figure out

Postby Sharley » 25. May 2009 01:15

Unless you are running a busy LAN then there is usually no need to use MercuryMail at all.

Most ISPs don't permit the sending of email unless it goes through their servers, which would rule out the use of personal email servers like MercuryMail etc unless you are very familiar with how to configure it and you have obtained permissions from your ISP.

For normal use of sending email from php scripts on your web server then all you need do is configure the php.ini file or use a fake sendmail app that is included in XAMPP called sendmail.

I put together a small tut for another member that may help with your issue:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=34510

The location of the php.ini file to edit is now version dependent so go to http://localhost/xampp/phpinfo.php and look for line Loaded Configuration File and it will tell it's location.

BTW those German search results you posted are old and the content would not have helped with your issue.
This link may help translate the results using a machine translation:
http://www.google.com/language_tools
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Return to XAMPP for Windows