HELP installation of xampp 1.7.1 win32

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

HELPTransfer a database.i keep getting the403forbidden error

Postby kristi940 » 12. May 2009 18:53

I have a database installed and running just peachy on one Windows computer... I get a new computer and try to transfer all the data from pc to pc using a usb drive and It would not work. I selected the xampp-win-32-1.7.1-installer on my usb drive and everything installed perfectly onto the desktop. Afterwards, I also ran the control panel on the desktop and got both apache and mysql running although I could not get the database intranet site to load up properly.
WELL... I decided to try another route by compressing it in a zip file and then moving it... Thought that was going to work until I loaded the database up and then got this:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache/2.2.11 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i PHP/5.2.9 Server at localhost Port 80

And so I selected both boxes to run Apache and Mysql. Neither started working. Both said busy or could not run. And the more I mess with things, the more I seem to mess them up. I tried to unselect the Apache box and instead had to uninstall. So now I'm trying to reinstall everything...once again.

I'm not the best with things like this, and I'm in dire need of a functioning database or I cannot do my job at work. Our IT guy recently quit. So I have no help but you nice people :D Please please help.
kristi940

HELP installation of xampp 1.7.1 win32

Postby kristi940 » 12. May 2009 19:02

On the installation of xampp 1.7.1 win32 (hoping in the end to have a functioning intranet database) should I select the box.. Install Apache as service, Install MySQL as service, or install Firezilla as service??
kristi940

Re: HELP installation of xampp 1.7.1 win32

Postby Sharley » 15. May 2009 07:01

kristi940 wrote:On the installation of xampp 1.7.1 win32 (hoping in the end to have a functioning intranet database) should I select the box.. Install Apache as service, Install MySQL as service, or install Firezilla as service??
That depends on your wanting those components to run after every reboot of your PC - I prefer not to install as a Windows (NT) service, preferring instead to start those components as and when I need them manually using the XAMPP Control Panel.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Return to XAMPP for Windows