problems in xampp

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

problems in xampp

Postby gbmpereira » 30. April 2009 16:14

Hi.
This is my first time that I'm intalling this new XAMPP in windows vista,so plz, help me...

First, I did some mistakes and put password in XAMPP.. how can I leave without password?

Second
, after my mistakes, when I enter in localhost, and then click in Security the following message is showed:
Code: Select all
Warning: include(lang/pt_br.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\security\htdocs\index.php on line 13

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'lang/pt_br.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\pear\') in C:\xampp\security\htdocs\index.php on line 13


Third, I changed in the httpd.conf to start the php on the folder:
DocumentRoot "C:/xampp/htdocs/PROJETO/"
but it isnt working... when I enter in 'localhost' it goes to the xampp page...

sorry the newbie questions
thnks
gbmpereira
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 23. September 2008 13:26

Re: problems in xampp

Postby Sharley » 30. April 2009 23:44

gbmpereira wrote:First, I did some mistakes and put password in XAMPP.. how can I leave without password?
Delete the .htaccess file in the [b]xampp\htdocs\xampp folder and the xampp.users file in the xampp\security folder and the .htaccess file in the xampp\security\htdocs folder.

gbmpereira wrote:Second[/b], after my mistakes, when I enter in localhost, and then click in Security the following message is showed:
Code: Select all
Warning: include(lang/pt_br.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\security\htdocs\index.php on line 13

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'lang/pt_br.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\pear\') in C:\xampp\security\htdocs\index.php on line 13
You may need to select another language as this file is not in the lang folder as detailed in the above error message - can you see a lang.tmp file in the xampp\security\htdocs folder?

gbmpereira wrote:Third, I changed in the httpd.conf to start the php on the folder:
DocumentRoot "C:/xampp/htdocs/PROJETO/"
but it isnt working... when I enter in 'localhost' it goes to the xampp page...

DocumentRoot "C:/xampp/htdocs/PROJETO" <-- No trailing slash
<Directory "C:/xampp/htdocs"> <--Did you also change this line to this?
<Directory "C:/xampp/htdocs/PROJETO">

Tip - use all lower case in file and folder names as Apache is case sensitive and will help to eliminate confusion.

Did you save the httpd.conf file after editing and then restart Apache?
User avatar
Sharley
AF Moderator
 
Posts: 3316
Joined: 03. October 2008 05:10
Location: Yeppoon, Australia Time Zone: GMT/UTC+10
Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3


Return to XAMPP for Windows

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests