Can't get Apache to start

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Can't get Apache to start

Postby Hultin » 16. April 2009 00:27

Hiho.

First of all, I want to enlighten the fact that I have searched for a solution on this board as well as on Google, and I've yet to find a solution for this bloody issue.

I decided to reboot my Apache, because I thought it might've got stuck on a AJAX-request, the server wasn't responding but was said to be running in the CP.

So, I stop Apache, and hit start, nothing happens. Says busy, sometimes it claim to start and sometimes it even start even if so for only a quarter of a second. I've checked all configuration files and error logs and I can't find anything that hasn't been posted here already, and I've tried every single method that's claimed to work, but so far I've been unsuccessful.

Any ideas, suggestions? And I've tired running both as a service and while it wasn't a service, I've cleaned up my registry and rebooted like 100 times but i just can't get this silly thing to work, which is kinda pissng me off as I'm developing a school project and got a deadline by the 22th.
Hultin
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 16. April 2009 00:21
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Can't get Apache to start

Postby Sharley » 16. April 2009 00:30

Hultin wrote:Hiho.

First of all, I want to enlighten the fact that I have searched for a solution on this board as well as on Google, and I've yet to find a solution for this bloody issue.

I decided to reboot my Apache, because I thought it might've got stuck on a AJAX-request, the server wasn't responding but was said to be running in the CP.

So, I stop Apache, and hit start, nothing happens. Says busy, sometimes it claim to start and sometimes it even start even if so for only a quarter of a second. I've checked all configuration files and error logs and I can't find anything that hasn't been posted here already, and I've tried every single method that's claimed to work, but so far I've been unsuccessful.

Any ideas, suggestions? And I've tired running both as a service and while it wasn't a service, I've cleaned up my registry and rebooted like 100 times but i just can't get this silly thing to work, which is kinda pissng me off as I'm developing a school project and got a deadline by the 22th.
Well if you have, as you say, tried everything in the known World to fix your problem, what else can we add other than to repeat much of the same?
User avatar
Sharley
AF Moderator
 
Posts: 3316
Joined: 03. October 2008 05:10
Location: Yeppoon, Australia Time Zone: GMT/UTC+10
Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Re: Can't get Apache to start

Postby Hultin » 16. April 2009 00:33

Sharley wrote:
Hultin wrote:Hiho.

First of all, I want to enlighten the fact that I have searched for a solution on this board as well as on Google, and I've yet to find a solution for this bloody issue.

I decided to reboot my Apache, because I thought it might've got stuck on a AJAX-request, the server wasn't responding but was said to be running in the CP.

So, I stop Apache, and hit start, nothing happens. Says busy, sometimes it claim to start and sometimes it even start even if so for only a quarter of a second. I've checked all configuration files and error logs and I can't find anything that hasn't been posted here already, and I've tried every single method that's claimed to work, but so far I've been unsuccessful.

Any ideas, suggestions? And I've tired running both as a service and while it wasn't a service, I've cleaned up my registry and rebooted like 100 times but i just can't get this silly thing to work, which is kinda pissng me off as I'm developing a school project and got a deadline by the 22th.
Well if you have, as you say, tried everything in the known World to fix your problem, what else can we add other than to repeat much of the same?


Nobody likes a smart as buddy, you know full well what i mean. But to make it crystal for you let me rephrase it, I've tried everything that I've come across while searching the net to try to fix this problem, but I've so far been unsuccessful. There, got it mr smartypants?
Hultin
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 16. April 2009 00:21
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Can't get Apache to start

Postby Sharley » 16. April 2009 00:37

Hultin wrote:Nobody likes a smart as buddy, you know full well what i mean. But to make it crystal for you let me rephrase it, I've tried everything that I've come across while searching the net to try to fix this problem, but I've so far been unsuccessful. There, got it mr smartypants?
With your current bad attitude and bad language, I doubt you will get any help at all in these forums, so I suggest you try elsewhere.
Goodbye.
User avatar
Sharley
AF Moderator
 
Posts: 3316
Joined: 03. October 2008 05:10
Location: Yeppoon, Australia Time Zone: GMT/UTC+10
Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Re: Can't get Apache to start

Postby Hultin » 16. April 2009 00:39

Sharley wrote:
Hultin wrote:Nobody likes a smart as buddy, you know full well what i mean. But to make it crystal for you let me rephrase it, I've tried everything that I've come across while searching the net to try to fix this problem, but I've so far been unsuccessful. There, got it mr smartypants?
With your current bad attitude and bad language, I doubt you will get any help at all in these forums, so I suggest you try elsewhere.
Goodbye.


If you would've treated me with a little basic respects instead of being rude, I would've treated you with respect. Your first post was totally unnecessary and you know that. However, please leave this thread as you do not try to help out, therefore your posts are obsolete to the thread.
Hultin
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 16. April 2009 00:21
Operating System: Windows 10


Return to XAMPP for Windows

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 50 guests