Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.
Windows XP (sp3)
During debugging, exceptions are thrown by php_pdo_mysql.dll
In folder ~/xampp/php, copy libmysql_5.0.51a.dll to libmysql.dll. (After making a security copy of course).
Stop the apache and mysql services before doing this, then restart.
There are several clues scattered around the forum here on tangential issues. Hope this saves someone the day it's taken me to figure this out.
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 31. March 2009 20:50
Worked like a charm except I had to do it with the one in the apache folder instead (just like I had to mofidy the php.ini file in my apache folder for some other issues).
So what I did was:
1) go to [path-to-xampp]/apache/bin (or) [path-to-xampplite]/apache/bin
2) backup "libmysql.dll" to "libmysql.bak.dll"
3) make a copy of "libmysql_5.0.51a" and rename it to "libmysql.dll".
Basically above step just replaces "libmysql.dll" with "libmysql_5.0.51a" but makes a backup.
My System Specs:
- MS Vista
- XAMPP Lite 1.7
- PHP Framework: Prado 3.14
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 01. April 2009 19:11
Return to XAMPP for Windows
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 60 guests