Perl not working.

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Perl not working.

Postby Rooger » 29. March 2009 20:12

Hi,

I know there have been posts on here to do with this, but I can't seem to find what I am looking for.

I have installed the xampp and perl addon, but when I goto load a perl page, I get this error;

Server error!

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.

Error message:
Can't locate CNET/lib.pm in @INC (@INC contains: C:/xampp/perl/site/lib/ C:/xampp/perl/lib C:/xampp/perl/site/lib . C:/xampp/apache) at C:/xampp/htdocs/clone/startup.pl line 3. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/xampp/htdocs/clone/startup.pl line 3. ,

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 500

although it does say in the readme file;

Make changes to your apache config so that the mod_perl modules get mapped correctly

I can't seem ro understand what it wants me to do, I have looked in the httpd.conf and there are no mod_perl modules in there, but there is a Include conf/extra/perl.conf at the bottom, so I am lost, any help would be great.

Thanks,

Rooger
Rooger

Re: Perl not working.

Postby Izzy » 30. March 2009 02:31

Try running xampp\setup-xampp.bat file again and this time don't use mod_perl - select item 2.

Then try again and see if you get the error.

BTW you may find the error also in the xampp\apache\logs\error.log file.
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows