Any known issues with flash mp3 players in xxamp?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Any known issues with flash mp3 players in xxamp?

Postby Terry Mitchell » 26. March 2009 05:09

Hi

I'm trying to create a test environment for my site (which is rapidly becoming a technological nightmare!) which sells mp3's. The player functions relatively well online (one or two glitches I'm working on hence the need for a test environment) but I can't get it to play any of the previews in Xxamp. I've copied the structure of my site precisely and its becoming a little frustrating. Does anybody have any ideas??

I'm running windows and using oscommerce as the base template for my site.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best

Terry

PS: I did search for this already
Terry Mitchell

Re: Any known issues with flash mp3 players in xxamp?

Postby Izzy » 26. March 2009 07:09

First, this is the German language forum - the English language forums are here:
Apache Friends in English, XAMPP for Windows.
This topic will no doubt be moved there.

What version of XAMPP?
What version of Windows?
Both omitted and both important details.

I've copied the structure of my site precisely and its becoming a little frustrating. Does anybody have any ideas??
Sorry, no as my crystal ball is in for repair after overheating on these forums.

Please provide details that we can work with like where did you put your files, what you have done, what you are doing to get bogged down and what you see on your screen, remember we can't see your PC from here and so you have to relay as much info as possible for a successful troubleshoot.

Any entries in the xampp\apache\logs\error.log file?
Izzy

Postby Terry Mitchell » 29. March 2009 23:56

Ok, apologies for the lack of info, I'm a newbie on here and wasn't aware that there was a seperate forum in English.

This was just a general question regarding any "known" issues as I've copied the exact structure and file setup from my main server and theoretically it should be working at least as well.

I'm running xampp-win32-1.7.0 on a notebook with Windows XP.

Thanks in advance and sorry to hear about your crystal ball :wink:

Terry
Terry Mitchell

Postby Izzy » 30. March 2009 02:07

Check your xampp\apache\logs\error.log file for clues.

If you copied the exact structure and file setup like you remote server then you will more than likely be having path issues in XAMPP - check all the paths to your files being called in the scripts are correct for XAMPP.
Izzy

Postby Terry Mitchell » 30. March 2009 19:03

Hi Izzy

Thanks for getting back to me.

I installed a fresh version of the template on my local server and then copied my edited files over the top meticulously changing paths where needed as I went. However I went over everything again after receiving your reply and unfortunately I'm still having the same problem.

I also checked the error logs and no errors were recorded for this problem, only for some missing images. So, from what I can see its not even being seen as an error. No error messages are coming up on the page, the file appears to load into the player it just won't play.

If you have any ideas where else I could look or require any more info please let me know.

Thanks again

Terry
Terry Mitchell

Postby Izzy » 30. March 2009 22:47

What mp3 player scripts are you talking about?
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows