Apache php session handling

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Apache php session handling

Postby yingzhao58 » 09. March 2009 02:10

Hi All,

I came across a bizzar php session problem, wondering if someone would be able to help me to get down to the bottom of it.

The situation is that, in my old xampp 1.6.6a environment, my application, which uses session to temporarily persist the current values of several of my application variables, works fine. However, today, I changed to the latest xampp 1.7.0, and installed my application on it from scratch. In the new environment, it seems that it would only be able to persist one application variable in the session. Once my application add a second application variable into the session data, the first variable is discarded. I checked /xampp/apache/bin/php.int [SESSION] section, the "session.save_path" in both environments are valid. In the xampp 1.7.0 environment, I saw temporary files are created in that particular folder to persist session. The problem the xampp 1.7.0 is that it only persists session data partially. I also opened http://localhost/xampp in the browser, and checked the phpinfo() for the session part. Both of the environments seem to have identical configuration,

Session Support: enabled
Registered save handlers: files user sqlite
Registered serializer handlers: php php_binary wddx

What else I have missed? Please please help. Thank you very much in advance.
yingzhao58

Re: Apache php session handling

Postby Wiedmann » 09. March 2009 03:13

it seems that it would only be able to persist one application variable in the session. Once my application add a second application variable into the session data, the first variable is discarded.

Without knowing what your code is doing, it's difficult to help.

Did you have a small (!) test script?
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Return to XAMPP for Windows