I am pretty new to XAMPP but have successfully installed it on Windows XP with SP3 a couple times. However, I tried installing on two different (freshly installed) Windows 2003 servers, but get a Forbidden 403 when trying to navigate to the Security page (//localhost/xampp/security)from the XAMPP main page (//localhost/xampp).
Under both operating systems, I followed the same procedure but get the '403' only on Win2K3.
1. Installed XAMPP from Apache Friends (v1.7.0) - only installed Apache and MySQL and chose to install as service.
2. Stopped both Apache and MySQL services and installed XAMPP Patch2 (probably not necessary to stop services).
3. Restarted both Apache and MySQL services from XAMPP Control Panel.
4. Opened web browser and went to http://localhost (was redirected to http://localhost/xampp).
5. On WinXP, I clicked the Security link to get to the Security page. On Win2k3 I get Forbidden 403 here.
Does anyone know how to resolve my issue? Thanks in advance.