Connection Interrupted

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Connection Interrupted

Postby rizzla9 » 03. March 2009 00:51

Hello, i need little help.... i do not understand very well about this server things, but needed for experiment. I needed a server, and search internet and it gives me xampp as best solution for free server. I have a fix ip, that's why i needed a server. Anyway, i installed xampp and host a web page and everything was well, untill one day i got this message on Firefox when i tried to open my page :

Connection Interrupted
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

I check the status on xampp controler, and it says that apache is working fine, but mysql not(but i didn't use mysql in my web page). Anyway, now there is no way to access the web page, i also try with http://localhost/ and same message appears. What happend and what should i do to make it run again? i tried to reinstall, but don't help. I use Windows Vista and also have router. Can anyone find solution to this problem? Thanks, and sorry for my bad english.
rizzla9

Re: Connection Interrupted

Postby Izzy » 03. March 2009 01:02

On Vista make sure you are logged in as an Administrator and UAC (User Access Control) is turned off.

Clear your browser's cache and do it often when working at localhost level as the chances of being served an old cached page are high.

Look in the xampp\apache\logs\error.log file at the time and date of your error and see if there are any clues - also check the xampp\apache\logs\access.log file.

Make sure your firewall allows port 80 and any other ports that XAMPP uses - ports used are here:
http://www.apachefriends.org/en/faq-xam ... html#xpsp2
Last edited by Izzy on 12. March 2009 09:28, edited 1 time in total.
Izzy

Postby rizzla9 » 03. March 2009 20:53

Nothing of this works. UAC is all ready turn off, i tried to access from other web browser and other computer, same result. Connection interuped i get only from firefox, opera don't show nothing. And i check error log, it is empty. About ports, i set the ports on firewall, but when i run xampp port check, it shows port 80 as system, not as free. Any idea for solution?
rizzla9

Postby rizzla9 » 03. March 2009 21:11

Ok, i tried to reinstall xampp once more, and now, i can't start apache, neither form xampp controler, neither as service. When i tried to start apache from apache_start.bat file, i'm getting this message :

(OS 10048)Only one usage of each socket address(protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted. :make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
no listening sockets available,shutting down
Unable to open logs

Help, please!
rizzla9

Postby Izzy » 03. March 2009 22:03

rizzla9 wrote:...but when i run xampp port check, it shows port 80 as system, not as free.
viewtopic.php?p=135356#p135356
Last edited by Izzy on 12. March 2009 09:30, edited 1 time in total.
Izzy

Postby rizzla9 » 04. March 2009 18:45

Thanks Izzy, the problem was with the skype and the ports. Now apache is running and can open web page via localhost, but i still can't open it via ip adrress(i have a static ip adrress), and the point of having a server is to make avalibale others to open the web page. Any solution?
rizzla9

Return to XAMPP for Windows