Vista permissions

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Vista permissions

Postby mind_the_bounce » 24. February 2009 17:22

Hello all,

This forum has been a great help to me over the last few years, thank you to all involved. I have never before had to ask a question as I have always found the answer by searching here or on Google. Unfortunately I now find myself having to ask for help.

I have been using Xampp 1.6.6a on windows Vista Home Premium for several months now without any problems at all. That is until I decided to attempt to create a file using php. I am trying to create thumbnails from original images. I wanted to save the thumbnails in a new folder (because I want the filenames to be the same) created by mkdir() so that they only have to be created when a user uploads the photos.

The problem is no matter what permissions I give to any folder in my windows system I am unable to create the thumbnail images. I have also tried to run xampp as administrator and tried writing to several different folders all over my system. I have turned of UAC and windows firewall but nothing has worked. Does anyone have any ideas as to where I am going wrong.

Many thanks for your help,

Matt Peace
mind_the_bounce

Re: Vista permissions

Postby Wiedmann » 24. February 2009 17:28

I am unable to create the thumbnail images.

You have an error message?
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby mind_the_bounce » 24. February 2009 20:52

Ah yes sorry :oops:

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open 'd:/test' for writing: Permission denied in 'd:/class.php on line 48

Thanks again.
mind_the_bounce

Postby Wiedmann » 24. February 2009 21:01

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open 'd:/test' for writing:

I guess imagejpeg() want have a filename (with path) as parameter, and not only a directory.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby mind_the_bounce » 24. February 2009 21:27

Of course! what a stupid mistake. Thank you for teaching me humility.
mind_the_bounce

Return to XAMPP for Windows