datas for wp-config.php

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

datas for wp-config.php

Postby Nace66 » 16. February 2009 03:14

Trying to set up xampp on my computer and configure wp-config-sample. I came to the point where guide on this site says:

"There doesn't seem to be a wp-config.php file. I need this before we can get started. Need more help? We got it. You can create a wp-config.php file through a web interface, but this doesn't work for all server setups. The safest way is to manually create the file."

So i started the process, filling required informations for:

1. Database name
2. Database username
3. Database password
4. Database host
5. Table prefix (if you want to run more than one WordPress in a single database)

It seems i dont have those datas, so i contacted my host and their response was:

"Wordpress comes with a file called wp-config.php-sample or something similar to that you need to rename it to wp-config.php. If your setting it up on your computer you will have to figure the database out. On our servers the host is localhost and you set up the database in the cPanel -> MySQL databases. Or you can do a one click install through the cPanel -> Simple Scripts."

You must understand, i am pretty new in all those things, so i dont understand much, what i have to do. What information do i have to fill in to start using xampp and how to configure wp.config-sample into wp.config.php, if i dont have all informations.

Thank you for your answer!
Nace66

Re: datas for wp-config.php

Postby Izzy » 16. February 2009 03:32

Drag the file wp-config-sample.php holding down the Ctrl key on your keyboard, which will create a file called
copy of wp-config-sample.php

Now rename this copy of wp-config-sample.php to wp-config.php

Now enter your own database details as requested replacing those in the sample.

I posted a link to some search results in your last topic that may help with Wordpress here:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=33427

To create your wordpress database I did a tutorial that may also help here:
viewtopic.php?p=112258#p112258

Is XAMPP working as it should?

http://localhost should get you to the XAMPP Welcome Page with a list of demos to try.

See if all the demos work and if so then your XAMPP installation is working as it should.
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows