How can Tomcat webapps be served up on the Apache port

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

How can Tomcat webapps be served up on the Apache port

Postby mwstein » 07. February 2009 19:59

I've successfully installed the Tomcat add-on for xampp. Apache (port 80) serves up content just fine. Tomcat (port 8080) also serves up its webapps just fine.

I would like to have Tomcat webapps served up on port 80 along with what Apache serves up from it's 'htdocs' folder. Can this be done?
mwstein

Re: How can Tomcat webapps be served up on the Apache port

Postby Izzy » 07. February 2009 22:37

Apache can't share the same port as another server and Tomcat is another server, so they have to use different ports or there will be a conflict.
Izzy

Postby mwstein » 08. February 2009 23:40

Thanks for the reply. I realize there would be a port conflict, but I guess I was wondering if Tomcat webapps could somehow be "included" in Apache (port 80) as if that's actually where they were running.

I do a PHP redirect right now for each webapp's home page, but that only works for the home page. I don't want to set up redirects for every single page running in Tomcat. If redirects are the only way to go, how can I set up a "webapp wide redirect"? Is that possible?

Any other options?
mwstein

Postby Izzy » 09. February 2009 00:04

Izzy

Postby mwstein » 10. February 2009 16:15

That was a good link. It was exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I must have done something wrong.

While I try to get that sorted out, I'll just be using 301 redirects instead. The only catch there is that port 8080 needs to be accessible from the internet now, but that's not a big deal to me.....at least for the moment. It works well and was easy to set up.

Thanks to everyone for their help!
mwstein

Return to XAMPP for Windows