*HELP: strange situation with MySQL service!

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

*HELP: strange situation with MySQL service!

Postby Anna_Shine » 30. January 2009 23:04

Hello.

Two weeks ago i install XAMPP on my PC.
It's Worked nice!

After i reinstall XAMPP (full with xanpp DIR) & Install new 1.7.0 version (Windows instalator).
Instalation finish Ok.
I start Apache from control panel. - Apache service started...

Start MySQL - oooooops!!!
Message is:
Busy...
ERROR: MySQL service not started [-1]

WTF? :evil:

Please help me. Whats wrong?

And why i can't find my.cnf file alter installation \xampp\mysql\bin\ ???
Anna_Shine

Re: *HELP: strange situation with MySQL service!

Postby Izzy » 31. January 2009 01:29

Anna_Shine wrote:After i reinstall XAMPP (full with xanpp DIR) & Install new 1.7.0 version (Windows instalator).
Instalation finish Ok.
It is not clear here if you uninstalled by making sure all XAMPP components were stopped including the XAMPP Control Panel (XCP) and all XAMPP services were uninstalled (stopped) first before deleting the xampp folder, which must be done before trying to install again. It is also advisable to reboot after uninstalling/installing any services.

Anna_Shine wrote:Start MySQL - oooooops!!!
Message is:
Busy...
ERROR: MySQL service not started [-1]
This forum search may help with the fix as this has been discussed many times before.

Anna_Shine wrote:And why i can't find my.cnf file alter installation \xampp\mysql\bin\ ???
It may look like a shortcut named my - simply drag the file into your text editor, notepad for example, and read or edit the this file which in reality is the my.cnf file and again a forum search would have helped with this.

Make sure you know what you are doing when you edit this file as any wrong configs may result in errors you may again not know how to sort out.
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows