Change the default location of htdocs at installation time

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Change the default location of htdocs at installation time

Postby mchojrin » 28. January 2009 17:22

Hi:

I'm using XAMPP on my development machine and I had a problem. I had to reinstall XAMPP and didn't realize that my own documents were there in the same tree structure as the application binaries (yes... that wasn't very smart, I admit it :), so I erased the folder and re-deployed.
Then I thought, it would make sense to have the htdocs in a separate location from the application binaries. It's really easy to do this at installation time, just asking the user for the location of the htdocs folder (and eventually leaving the default location as the one predetermined). It's just a suggestion. Hope this is the right place to post it. Thanks.

P.S.: Fortunately I could get my files back from our SVN server, so nothing got lost :)
mchojrin

Re: Change the default location of htdocs at installation time

Postby Izzy » 29. January 2009 01:11

You can change the location of the Apache server's DocumentRoot in XAMPP to anywhere you like by simply editing the xampp\apache\conf\httpd.conf file - it doesn't get much easier than that. ;)
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows