Apache dosn't start?!!

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Apache dosn't start?!!

Postby kinship » 28. January 2009 03:03

Hey guys, i recently installed apache on my windows 7 beta machine (it's my first time using xampp). When i installed the program everything was great, localhost and mysql etc worked perfectly. But after a restart this morning, i find XAMPP running, but not Apache. Everytime i press start in the Xampp control panel, it goes "Apache service started", and for a second the "admin" button goes full color, but then returns to being faded out again. Every other module, Mysql, filezilla, even Mercury works fine.

Since im on windows 7 that is, i do have all my UAC prefrences disabled (or as small as possible?), and i right click "run on administrator" to run the control panel. I have checked the forums, and used xampp_portcheck, but it turns up fine, as it says the port is free.

Also i have run the install and unistallservice.bat's (in adminstrator mode), and get " A service specific error has occured: 1" "More help by tying NET HELPMSG 3547". How do i ge Apache running again?

Thanks in advance =D
kinship

Re: Apache dosn't start?!!

Postby glitzi85 » 28. January 2009 03:08

First have a look into the Eventlog of Windows (Start -> Run -> eventvwr.msc). Under Application you should find events regarding Apache startup or the install/uninstall of the service. If not, try to uninstall the service again. Then start Apache with the batch file (apache_start.bat) located in the xampp folder. It should give you a more detailed error message.

glitzi
glitzi85

Re: Apache dosn't start?!!

Postby kinship » 28. January 2009 03:26

wow looking at that really helped! Thanks! It seems an edit i made long ago came back to haunt me lol, n it showed on the event viewer =] Ty!
kinship

Return to XAMPP for Windows