XAMPP 1.7.0 on Windows 2003 SBS server

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP 1.7.0 on Windows 2003 SBS server

Postby ajaydand65 » 27. January 2009 11:44

Hi,

I have been able to install the XAMPP 1.7.0 binariy in Win2K3 SBS server, and it seems to be working fine. I even managed to change the Apache listen port to 8080 and am able to access the welcome page. However, when I try to access the Security page, I get Access Forbidden (403). I've tried searching the forum for this issue and also looked at error logs, but no success. If anyone can throw light on this, I'd be grateful.

Also, if I need to access the XAMPP welcome page through the Internet, what changes do I need to make? I know this could be a security issue. So can password security be enabled to access the XAMPP welcome page?

Thanks in advance.

Ajay
ajaydand65

Re: XAMPP 1.7.0 on Windows 2003 SBS server

Postby Izzy » 27. January 2009 12:11

ajaydand65 wrote:I've tried searching the forum for this issue
I had no problem when I searched the forum to find the solution - read the whole topic.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=32503

ajaydand65 wrote:Also, if I need to access the XAMPP welcome page through the Internet, what changes do I need to make? I know this could be a security issue. So can password security be enabled to access the XAMPP welcome page?
Please read the readme_en.txt file in the xampp folder and also the XAMPP for Windows home page and the FAQ.

This site has lots of info about setting up a web server:
DSLCable Webserver
Izzy

Re: XAMPP 1.7.0 on Windows 2003 SBS server

Postby ajaydand65 » 27. January 2009 14:27

Thanks for the reply, but I had searched for XAMPP 1.7.0 with Windows 2003. Vista's kinda oblique, but still.

Also, I had already had a look at this solution earlier, but inspite of changing localhost with 127.0.0.1 things don't work I'm afraid. Finally it worked, after providing the "AllowOverride AuthConfig" & "Allow All" setting. This undermines the security. However, the good thing is that xamppsecurity.php page will not allow access, if the host is anything other than 127.0.0.1, which is reassuring. Also as an additional measure I also secured the "XAMPP" directory access with username/password. Thanks for all the help. Hope this helps.

Ajay.
ajaydand65

Return to XAMPP for Windows