I just install XAMPP 1.7.0 and XAMPP 1.7.0 Patch2. Seems to be functioning properly.
However, there is a small thing that seems like a glitch to me. Whenever I start/restart my computer (Window XPPro SP3) I get an icon in my system tray for WinMySQLadmin 1.4. It looks like a traffic signal. When I click on it a WinMySQLadmin 1.4 console opens up.
This is what I see under the environment
1. Before installing the Patch I am pretty certain that this WinMySQLadmin 1.4 console was linked in the menu pane on the left side of my XAMPP Welcome screen. After the Patch was installed, the link was gone. Am I right about this?
2. Why isn't Windows XP listed across the top?
3. In the OS Platform it says "Whistler"- what is up with that?
4. In the MyODBC Window it says "Not Found, Driver 2.51 Not Found". Any worries there?
This is what I see under the StarCheck Tab:
5. Notice the "Fatal error: not found any MySQL Server for NT OS". Any worries there?
Here is what my XAMPP Control Panel shows:
All appear to be normal and all appears to be functionng normally.
6. Do I really need to pay much attention to the WinMySQLadmin 1.4 console?
7. Can I stop it as a service to keep it from opening everytime I start my machine?
Thanks very much,