XAMPP blog url

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP blog url

Postby LACONIC » 20. January 2009 04:24

I am having the problem of my blog url...
the complete detail of my problem is
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/235343?replies=13

PLZ HELP :(
LACONIC
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 19. January 2009 18:20

Re: XAMPP blog url

Postby Izzy » 20. January 2009 04:46

I am assuming that you are Arvind Bhargava on WordPress forum but here you are LACONIC, is that correct?

Your issue seems to be that you want to run a web server on your PC so that others can access via the Internet.
(you have a deal of work to do first).

You have to relay to a forum what you see on your monitor, what you have tried to do already and describe your issues in great detail or you will end up with the kind of replies you received in the WordPress forum in any forum that you post in, even here - they did not know what you knew already, how could they, because you did not tell them in the first place.

This link may hold the answers on setting up a web server on your PC.
Welcome to DSL/Cable Webserver

Read it as it will perhaps help you find the answers you are looking for in detail.

BTW techstar.com is already registered so you will have to pick another name and then register that domain name at a registrar like GoDaddy.com for example or use a service like DynDNS or Afraid's FreeDNS - Google for them.
http://techstar.com/index.htm
Registrant:
c/o TECHSTAR.COM
P.O. Box 821650
Vancouver, WA 98682
US

The link provided back to these forums by figaro was to a topic in XAMPP For Windows in Apache Friends In English Forums not here! - A forum search in XAMPP For Windows will provide a mountain of related results and is recommended for new members before posting for the first time.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=32670
Izzy
 
Posts: 3344
Joined: 25. April 2006 17:06

Re: XAMPP blog url

Postby LACONIC » 20. January 2009 14:17

I am a beginner with blogging with wordpress..
I dont know much nething in detail..
As such i have a good idea that i want to present on the web through a wordpress blog..
Im very eager to do so...
I have discussed my problem at the wordpress blog...bt did'nt got a solution...
plz help me..
Regards
Arvind Bhargava
LACONIC
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 19. January 2009 18:20

Re: XAMPP blog url

Postby Izzy » 21. January 2009 00:02

LACONIC wrote:I am a beginner with blogging with wordpress..
I dont know much nething in detail..
As such i have a good idea that i want to present on the web through a wordpress blog..
Im very eager to do so...
I have discussed my problem at the wordpress blog...bt did'nt got a solution...
plz help me..
Regards
Arvind Bhargava
If you don't read what others post for you then perhaps there is no help for you.

Izzy wrote:This link may hold the answers on setting up a web server on your PC.
Welcome to DSL/Cable Webserver

Read it as it will perhaps help you find the answers you are looking for in detail.
Did you follow the very simple but detailed methods in the above link?

Izzy wrote:BTW techstar.com is already registered so you will have to pick another name and then register that domain name at a registrar like GoDaddy.com for example or use a service like DynDNS or Afraid's FreeDNS - Google for them.
Did you bother to read the quote above and sort out a domain name to use or the alternative methods mentioned above?

You must do the hard yards by doing some research and reading first as there is no easy way of saying 1. do this 2. do that - the subject would need a forum of it's own to explain.

I have given you some links and advices to get you started, all you need do now is READ!
Izzy
 
Posts: 3344
Joined: 25. April 2006 17:06


Return to XAMPP for Windows

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 53 guests