MySQL problems

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Re: MySQL problems

Postby qbjj07 » 16. January 2009 09:41

qbjj07 wrote:
Izzy wrote:Paste here what line 42 of C:/xampp/xampp/apache/conf/httpd.conf

You installed XAMPP to C:/xampp/xampp ?

Best to install to the C:\ drive then it will create C:\xampp not C:\xampp\xampp


I tried to put it on the C:\ drive, but must have messed up somehow. Is that a big deal?

What program do I use to view the file you asked about, the .conf?



Found it.
ServerRoot "/xampp/apache"

I assume my problem is that my file is /xampp/xampp/apache. How do I fix it?
qbjj07
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 10. January 2009 07:54

Re: MySQL problems

Postby Izzy » 16. January 2009 09:43

qbjj07 wrote:What program do I use to view the file you asked about, the .conf?
Drag the file into your text editor (notepad).
Izzy
 
Posts: 3344
Joined: 25. April 2006 17:06

Re: MySQL problems

Postby Izzy » 16. January 2009 09:49

qbjj07 wrote:Found it.
ServerRoot "/xampp/apache"

I assume my problem is that my file is /xampp/xampp/apache. How do I fix it?
Double click on setup_xampp.bat in the xampp folder which is part of the installation process that you missed doing.

Then try and start Apache and MySQL again in the XCP.
Izzy
 
Posts: 3344
Joined: 25. April 2006 17:06

Re: MySQL problems

Postby qbjj07 » 16. January 2009 09:53

Okay I fixed the path so that the xampp folder is directly in the C:/ directory.

That seems to make the mysql process run, but the apache one says "running" for a second then seems to stop/

Here is the error message from trying to run apache.

"Diese Eingabeforderung nicht waehrend des Running beenden
Bitte erst bei einem gewollten Shutdown schliessen
Please close this command only for Shutdown
Apache 2 is starting ...
(OS 10048)Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port)
is normally permitted. : make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
no listening sockets available, shutting down
Unable to open logs

Apache konnte nicht gestartet werden
Apache could not be started
Press any key to continue . . ."

This means the ports are wrong right? How do I change that? Getting close, thanks for sticking with me.
qbjj07
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 10. January 2009 07:54

Re: MySQL problems

Postby Izzy » 16. January 2009 10:01

Double click on xampp-portcheck.exe in the xampp folder and see what is on port 80 and 443, should both be free.

May be Skype?

Skype uses port 80 and 443 by default.
You can alter that behaviour by going to:
Tools\Options\Connection
Untick
Use port 80 and 443 as alternative for incoming connections
You will have to decide a different port to use for incoming connections before Skype lets you save your changes.

So does IIS Internet Information Server use port 80 and 443.

To uninstall IIS using control panel>add remove programs>add or remove windows components.
Last edited by Izzy on 16. January 2009 10:14, edited 1 time in total.
Izzy
 
Posts: 3344
Joined: 25. April 2006 17:06

Re: MySQL problems

Postby qbjj07 » 16. January 2009 10:13

Izzy wrote:Double click on xampp-portcheck.exe in the xampp folder and see what is on port 80 and 443, should both be free.

May be Skype?

Skype uses port 80 and 443 by default.
You can alter that behaviour by going to:
Tools\Options\Connection
Untick
Use port 80 and 443 as alternative for incoming connections
You will have to decide a different port to use for incoming connections before Skype lets you save your changes.

So does IIS Internet Information Server use port 80 and 443.

A search will give the details how to disable it as I don't have it on my PC.


Using the portcheck, it says SYSTEM next to both port 80 and 443.
I went into skype and the box was already unticked, and went to uninstall IIS and it was already disabled.

Are there any other things it could be?
qbjj07
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 10. January 2009 07:54

Re: MySQL problems

Postby Izzy » 16. January 2009 10:17

Follow the above instructions for sc delete mysql but instead do the following:
Type sc delete apache2.2

Check the ports again.
Izzy
 
Posts: 3344
Joined: 25. April 2006 17:06

Re: MySQL problems

Postby qbjj07 » 16. January 2009 10:20

Izzy wrote:Follow the above instructions for sc delete MySQL but instead do the following:
Type sc delete apache2.2

Check the ports again.


It said no such thing exists, and ports are still filled.
qbjj07
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 10. January 2009 07:54

Re: MySQL problems

Postby Izzy » 16. January 2009 10:22

Try sc delete apache then sc delete apache2 if that fails.
Izzy
 
Posts: 3344
Joined: 25. April 2006 17:06

Re: MySQL problems

Postby qbjj07 » 16. January 2009 10:23

Izzy wrote:Try sc delete apache then sc delete apache2 if that fails.


They both failed
qbjj07
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 10. January 2009 07:54

Re: MySQL problems

Postby Izzy » 16. January 2009 10:29

Izzy groans :( :)

Leave it with me and I will try and find out what this SYSTEM hog is.

In the mean time try and investigate your PC and perhaps Google and I will do the same.
Last edited by Izzy on 16. January 2009 11:42, edited 1 time in total.
Izzy
 
Posts: 3344
Joined: 25. April 2006 17:06

Re: MySQL problems

Postby qbjj07 » 16. January 2009 10:30

Izzy wrote:Izzy growns :( :)

Leave it with me and I will try and find out what this SYSTEM hog is.

In the mean time try and investigate your PC and perhaps Google and I will do the same.



Thanks so much for your help. I will try to find what it could be.
qbjj07
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 10. January 2009 07:54

Re: MySQL problems

Postby Izzy » 16. January 2009 10:45

Do you have a firewall like the Windows Firewall running that is guarding port 80 and 443?

Any anti-virus scanners etc. or ZoneAlarm?

If you have anything like that then disable them temporarily and see if that sorts this out.

If so then you will have to configure what ever it was to allow port 80 and 443.
Izzy
 
Posts: 3344
Joined: 25. April 2006 17:06

Re: MySQL problems

Postby qbjj07 » 16. January 2009 10:49

Izzy wrote:Do you have a firewall like the Windows Firewall running that is guarding port 80 and 443?

Any anti-virus scanners etc. or ZoneAlarm?

If you have anything like that then disable them temporarily and see if that sorts this out.

If so then you will have to configure what ever it was to allow port 80 and 443.


I restarted the computer and it is working, for whatever reason. Thanks a ton for all your help...I might be back if I ever have any more questions.
qbjj07
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 10. January 2009 07:54

Re: MySQL problems

Postby qbjj07 » 16. January 2009 10:52

Actually one more quick question, how do I go about changing this .root password it mentions?
qbjj07
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 10. January 2009 07:54

PreviousNext

Return to XAMPP for Windows

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 47 guests