Bug: ERROR: MySql service not started [-1]

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Re: Bug: ERROR: MySql service not started [-1]

Postby Izzy » 17. January 2009 01:47

ckosloff wrote:
glitzi85 wrote:make sure never to click on the Admin button for MySQL

Please explain why not...
WinMySQLAdmin is deprecated and so no longer used to administrate MySQL or it's databases and will give issues with configurations and error messages etc. being repeatedly displayed and in general interfering with the smooth running of MySQL - maybe in later versions of the XAMPP Control Panel (XCP) this button will be changed to load phpMyAdmin instead so as to alleviate these constant forum requests for related support.

Use phpMyAdmin instead to do all MySQL database work and a forum search may reveal other methods including command line methods of administrating MySQL databases.

A forum search for winmysqladmin would have revealed a mountain of data detailing previously asked questions, just like yours, and answers about this very subject matter.

BTW the command that Wiedmann presented sc delete mysql is typed into the Run... text box from the start button on your Task Bar left hand side.
Izzy

Postby ckosloff » 18. January 2009 15:48

Izzy wrote:WinMySQLAdmin is deprecated and so no longer used to administrate MySQL or it's databases...
A forum search for winmysqladmin would have revealed a mountain of data detailing previously asked questions, just like yours, and answers about this very subject matter...
BTW the command that Wiedmann presented...

Thanks for detailed and instructive post, and sorry for asking a repeated question, I'm brand new to this forum.
Regarding the command, it was clear to me that it is typed in the Run box.
However, I chose a different route.
Totally uninstalled old version of Xampp with Revo Uninstaller (great free program).
Restarted.
Installed 1.7 OK, when asked if I wanted to run Control Panel now, at the end of install, I chose NO (critical step).
Installed patch on top.
Rebooted comp, and...BINGO!
Carlos K.
ckosloff

Postby stephaholic » 18. March 2009 03:27

Hello,

Hope this will help you.

I got the same error MySql service not started [-1] with the drupal site using xampp server. What i did is i make sure that the mysql password matches with the settings on my drupal site. And it works fine.

Cheers!
Steph
stephaholic

Postby ideaman911 » 06. April 2009 19:54

Folks;

I have been fighting this since I first learned of 1.7, working on the OpenEMR stuff. My suggestion is to do two things:

a) Rename the winmysqladmin.exe as something else. I liked nousewinmysqladmin.exe which will then prevent the button from launching the crashing tool, and therefore the stoplights with the annoying bang before you can shut it off ;-)

b) Simply use the Command Prompt (DOS) window to type SC DELETE MYSQL any time the Svc checkbox is checked.

Problems are eliminated, hopefully for good.

Joe Holzer Idea Man
http://www.holzerent.com
ideaman911

Previous

Return to XAMPP for Windows