Help with sending mail

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Help with sending mail

Postby pcjonathan » 30. December 2008 21:28

Can you help me please. I am only 14 so I am not used to doing this so please when explaining it be as simple as possible.

I have install joomla then coppermine and bridged them. They seem to be working ok so far. Question 1, how do I remove the logo w/o the square box or anything similar. Then I installed fireboard and syret. My question mainly is how do I get the mail to be sent in all of these things to any email address either via a gmail or something else. Thanks
pcjonathan

Re: Help with sending mail

Postby Sharley » 31. December 2008 00:23

pcjonathan wrote:...I am only 14...Question 1, how do I remove the logo w/o the square box or anything similar.
I'm only 180 (in my stocking feet) and my eye sight is fading fast so you will have to tell me what logo you are talking about as I can't see it from here - where is it , what does it look like, when does it appear etc.?

pcjonathan wrote:My question mainly is how do I get the mail to be sent in all of these things to any email address either via a gmail or something else.
The forum search facility has many post about how to send mail from a script and some quite recent posts that would only take a moment to read down the topics back a page or 2 - look in the topic subject for sendmail or mail etc. or some other mail type heading.

Your scripts also have documentation and web sites that will help you solve this mail issue on an individual script by script basis and configuring the server depends on how your scripts are configured.

When posting questions always seek first in the search facility and always be very detailed in what you have done already and what your issues are as we can only make guesses which as you know will only waste valuable time that we give here voluntarily and for free (just like you).
Research+read+experiment+question=answers and success
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby pcjonathan » 31. December 2008 00:55

This one:
I did look at some different threads but they were a little complicated. I wanted someone to explain it in plain english for me.
pcjonathan

Postby Sharley » 31. December 2008 01:31

Is there not a section somewhere in the Coppermine configuration that lets you change the logo, I would be surprised if there were not.
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/faq.htm#customHeader
Finding that took only a couple of minutes - far less time than you spent posting the logo image here. ;)

A web server is an all over complex set of components and if you want to be a web server administrator then doing the hard yards, as we all have had to do, is part of the job - there is no easy and simple solution to this fact.

Do a search in the XAMPP For Windows forum for sendmail or mail or smtp etc. - the results should give you some clues to experiment with.

We will help you here but usually only with XAMPP related issues not things related to individual scripts like the very complex Coppermine Gallery script for example, as their web site and documentation and FAQ already exist and they also have a forum where your logo question must already have been asked and answered in detail.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm
You have to do the hard yards there ;)

The FAQ is very good and is worth spending some time reading or using it as a reference when you come up against an obstacle:
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/faq.htm
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Return to XAMPP for Windows