Module not found error only when I run XAMPPLite as service

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Module not found error only when I run XAMPPLite as service

Postby jaynoon » 29. December 2008 03:42

I am running a fresh install of XAMPP Lite 1.70.

I have made the minor change of adding two lines to httpd.conf to load the included SVN modules.

Everything works fine when I run the server as a process, but when I install it as a service and run it, I get the following error:

The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>> apache.exe: Syntax error on line 144 of C:/xampplite/apache/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load C:/xampplite/apache/modules/mod_dav_svn.so into server: The specified module could not be found. .

This is a bogus error--the module is there and loads fine when it's not run as service. Is there some bug with current working directories?

Note: There is another post with a similar issue here: http://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=32498
jaynoon

Re: Module not found error only when I run XAMPPLite as service

Postby jaynoon » 29. December 2008 04:13

I have figured out the solution to the problem.

I am running this service under Windows Vista, and my XAMPPLite installation is @ C:\xampplite

Vista appears to be blocking access to this directory structure when loading the SVN module. By changing the permissions under which the service is running to an Administrator account, the problem was solved.

This seems like something that a lot of people are going to experience, maybe an entry in the help files or a popup dialog box when installing a service under Windows Vista to warn people that they may need to change the permissions?
jaynoon

Postby ViRuXe » 27. September 2009 20:04

Hi, I'm having this exact same issue, it's happens either running as a service or not.

Could someone give us a tip on how to change permissions of a service or whatever is needed to get this module running?

Thanks.
ViRuXe

Postby Izzy » 27. September 2009 23:22

What exactly is your issue and what error messages result from these issues as the post above yours may no longer be relevant?

Please give as much detail as possible as to what you are doing and what you see on your screen.

What version of XAMPP have you installed?

If you disable UAC and login to your PC as an Administrator or the much superior Super Administrator then you may be able to proceed.

Perhaps in your Services Control Manager (SCM button in the XAMPP Control Panel) you may be able to change permissions by right clicking on the service item to change and then selecting Properties - but unless UAC is disabled and you are logged in as an Administrator then most things in Vista will be out of reach to a normal User account.
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows