Phpadmin page "access forbidden"

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Phpadmin page "access forbidden"

Postby rokhard » 18. December 2008 19:14

Hello. I am a newbie, and I am working on the tutorial "Installing, Configuring, and Developing with XAMPP." I am using dreamweaver with this, BTW. I did all the code for the address book, but there were some errors, which I think might be in the original database (name differences between database, and code). Anyway, I tried to go back to phpmyadmin, but I get ;

"Access forbidden!
You don't have permission to access the requested directory. There is either no index document or the directory is read-protected.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 403
localhost
12/18/08 10:07:19
Apache/2.2.9 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8i mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.6 "

I dont know how this happened. Also, I dont know if this is related or not, but on the XAMPP page, in the security section, I get this:
PhpMyAdmin: Could not find the 'config.inc.php' ... UNKNOWN
PhpMyAdmin: Could not find the 'config.inc.' ...

I checked the files, and config.inc.php is definately there, where it should be. I even tried resaving it and renaming it a couple times. It is saving as a dreamweaver document though, if that matters. It does that no matter how I save it.
rokhard

Re: Phpadmin page "access forbidden"

Postby Sharley » 19. December 2008 00:03

Check your DW site settings as it should not affect your phpMyAdmin files nor any of your XAMPP installation - you can place your site files anywhere on your PC if you believe that DW is messing with XAMPP.
Manage sites>[select site name]>Edit>Advanced>Local info and Testing server
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Return to XAMPP for Windows