How to use Control Panel to specify apache config

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

How to use Control Panel to specify apache config

Postby ritty » 16. December 2008 19:22

Hello,

I have php 5.2.6 and php 5.3.0alpha-rc3 on my Windows Vista based system.

The default configuration is to use 5.2.6, as specified in conf/httpd. I have another configuration file to set up the environment for 5.3.0alpha. I can easily use the 5.3.0alpha environment by modifying apache_start.bat

Code: Select all
apache\bin\apache.exe -f c:\xampp\apache\conf-php5.3.0alpha3\httpd.conf

However, starting Apache from the control panel seems to not use apache_start.bat, so it still loads the original configuration file and thus php 5.2.6. Is there any way to change the startup settings for Apache when using the control panel?
ritty

Re: How to use Control Panel to specify apache config

Postby Sharley » 16. December 2008 23:00

Not sure if this will help.

I just checked the www.nat32.com/xampp/ web site that used to have a source code file listed but that appears to have been moved to the pay support facility.

Anyhow, you can use an xampp.ini file in the xampp root folder - an example copy is pasted below.
Experiment with the settings as I believe they can be many and varied, but not tested by me.
Code: Select all
[START]
hide   = 1
apache = 1
mysql  = 1

[EXIT]
apache = 1
mysql  = 1

[PORTS]
apache = 80
mysql  = 3306

[XAMPP]
setup  = 1

No docs or anything like that in the 2.5 source file archive which was named xampp25.zip which is slightly different than the Control Panel archive which had an CP in the title - perhaps an Internet File search may come up with it or PM me and I will upload the 2.5 source code file to RapidShare - the source code will allow you to do what you want with the XCP. ;)

BTW the link on their web site for email support is only USD$5 which may get you the latest source code file.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Return to XAMPP for Windows