again chmod problems on windows..

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

again chmod problems on windows..

Postby poiuyt1234 » 13. December 2008 14:33

The Drupal installer requires that you create ./sites/default/settings.php as part of the installation process, and then make it writable.If you are unsure how to grant file permissions, please consult the on-line handbook.
poiuyt1234

Re: again chmod problems on windows..

Postby Wiedmann » 13. December 2008 15:07

And what's your problem in detail?
- Did you have an error message?
- Did you have an answer from the drupal support?

(Don't forgett, there is no chmod on Windows and files are normally allways writable.)
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby poiuyt1234 » 17. December 2008 11:17

drupal support: change permissions.. I tried to change.. but nothing..

Else in osCommerce
error:Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in D:\xampp\htdocs\shopxml\admin\includes\classes\upload.php on line 31

part of upload.php :
class upload {
var $file, $filename, $destination, $permissions, $extensions, $tmp_filename, $message_location;

function upload($file = '', $destination = '', $permissions = '777', $extensions = '') {
$this->set_file($file);
$this->set_destination($destination);
$this->set_permissions($permissions);
$this->set_extensions($extensions);

$this->set_output_messages('direct');

;
Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: D:/xampp/htdocs/shopxml/includes/configure.php.
This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

I am in despair. The basic part of scripts does not work . Is it necessary change some Windows options ?
poiuyt1234

Postby Wiedmann » 17. December 2008 12:27

Else in osCommerce
Code: Select all
error:Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in D:\xampp\htdocs\shopxml\admin\includes\classes\upload.php on line 31

That's an old osCommerce bug (with PHP5). Ask the osCommerce support. (IMHO there is also a FAQ)

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: D:/xampp/htdocs/shopxml/includes/configure.php.
This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Exactly what you can read in the message and install documentation. Set the file attribute to "read only" (in Explorer).
(I guess it's the same with Drupal.)
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby poiuyt1234 » 17. December 2008 17:43

Set the file attribute to "read only"

I set.. It didn't help..
poiuyt1234

Postby Wiedmann » 17. December 2008 18:12

It didn't help..

Then the script is buggy and not realy ready for Windows. Ask the support of this script.

(If you set the read-only attribute for a file, the file is not writable for a script, even if a script does not recognize this.)
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Return to XAMPP for Windows